Welcome message

Welcome, friends old and new, to my blog. This is the place where I can share my scribblings and thoughts on loving life. I hope you enjoy them, make suggestions and come back to read more.

Wednesday 15 May 2013

WIP Wednesday: Them


D

o you ever get that feeling you’re not alone?


You know the one I mean- when the hairs on the back of your neck prickle and stand to attention like iron filings in a jar when you hold a magnet near. Or when the air feels funny, like your special bat-radar is alerting you to the fact that the space just behind your shoulder blades is full of something solid?

Ever wake suddenly from sleep, convinced a voice just called your name?

Yeah, that.

You’re not the only one. Except mine is real. Maybe yours is too.

Maybe there are more of Them than anyone realised. Maybe yours is stood behind you right now, watching while you read this and peering over your shoulder to see what has made you tense up so sharply. Can you feel your ear tingle with their proximity? Don’t look. Don’t even move- not yet.

The key to it, the trick I’ve discovered, is to never acknowledge Them. Never let Them know you know that they’re around. They don’t like that; it makes Them angry.

Do something natural, casual. Shift in your seat slightly, or stretch your arm and scratch that tingling ear.  Just a small movement. Go on.

There. Did you see it? That flicker just out of the corner of your eye? That was one of Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you get to join in! What did you think of today's post? Leave me a message and let me know what you think. I love reading your comments!