Welcome message

Welcome, friends old and new, to my blog. This is the place where I can share my scribblings and thoughts on loving life. I hope you enjoy them, make suggestions and come back to read more.

Friday 24 May 2013

Friday Five: Five pieces of advice...

...from children.


Today I asked my class, in preparation for a writing task, to visualise travelling in the Tardis to visit their future selves, ten years from now.

As well as thinking about what their future selves would look like, where they would live, and what they would be doing, I asked the children to imagine their future self whispered a few words of advice into their ears before they returned to their own time.

Here's what they said.

1. Keep hold of your true friends.

2. Never give up on your dreams.

3. Practise makes perfect.

4. Your brother does love you, even though he's horrible at the moment.

5. Don't listen to people who say you can't do it.

When I reflected on their words of wisdom, I was struck by how wise the words indeed were.
Do me a favour- read them again, and really think about them just for a second.

See what I mean? Wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you get to join in! What did you think of today's post? Leave me a message and let me know what you think. I love reading your comments!