Welcome message

Welcome, friends old and new, to my blog. This is the place where I can share my scribblings and thoughts on loving life. I hope you enjoy them, make suggestions and come back to read more.

Thursday 24 October 2013

NaNoWriMo- or, probably the daftest thing I've ever signed up for...

After much umming and erring of the (typically) indecisive nature, I've decided to give myself a kick up the backside and get The Hungry Man finished. I've signed up for the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which bullies writers (in a friendly, supportive kind of way) to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days- a mere 1,667 words a day. I may regret this.

Technically, I suppose I have a head-start. The first draft is sort-of done, although there are huge gaps and scribbled in sections where I want to include an element but don't know how, and I'm not happy with it as it stands, SO I have made the radical decision to start it again. From scratch. Almost.

I hope it's not cheating, as I'm really looking forward to participating. I think the word counter on NaNoWriMo alone will really help me. My intention is to rewrite every chapter, now I know where I'm going with it, and only re-insert the sections that are really worth keeping. It could be painful, but my intention is to finish November with 50,000 words that are tight and compelling.

You can keep tabs on me via the word counter widget on the right. It's the blue one that will hopefully show increasing numbers... If it doesn't, feel free to tell me off in Tesco.

Right, I'm off to pore over my outline again before it all kicks off on November 1st 2013... wish me luck x

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Louise! Love a girl who likes a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to need a LOT of teabags to make it through the next month... no cake though, because I'm dieting : (

      Delete

This is the part where you get to join in! What did you think of today's post? Leave me a message and let me know what you think. I love reading your comments!