Welcome message

Welcome, friends old and new, to my blog. This is the place where I can share my scribblings and thoughts on loving life. I hope you enjoy them, make suggestions and come back to read more.

Friday 6 September 2013

Friday Five: Five things I am loving this week

Happy Friday, everyone!


As you know, I'm quite a cheerful person most of the time, and I credit that to a conscious effort to find reasons to be cheerful.

It's not always easy; there are a multitude of reasons to be miserable at this time of year: summer is almost over, the nights are drawing in, the pressure to begin Christmas shopping has already started, blah blah blah... so here are five reasons I am cheerful this week- five things I am LOVING!


1. Game of Thrones
Yes, yes- I know I'm a million years behind the rest of the world, but I've finally got there and- phew!- it's one hell of a ride! I'm gobbling up the box sets at a phenomenal rate and have put the books on my wish list. I would recommend it highly, but it appears there's no one left who hasn't read/watched/both already.


2. My iPad
I saved up all my pennies and treated myself to the item that's been top of my "one day" wish list for years. I'm so glad I did. It's quickly become my favourite toy, and I've even been washing up more often now I can watch iPlayer by the kitchen sink. So useful! And the cover I got for it is divine- the spirit loves beauty, remember!


3. Watermelon
Crunchy, juicy, sweet goodness. It's cured my Haribo addiction and my teeth (and waistline) are forever grateful. Tesco even cut it into little chunks for me to devour; how very kind of them. My ultimate nom-nom nibble.


4. Truckers
Not the ice-road kind, but the Nome kind. The imminent release of the TV series on DVD prompted me to re-read the Bromeliad trilogy and I'm loving it more than ever! Sir TP is an absolute genius! I was waxing lyrical about him to a bemused colleague today, and I think I have him convinced too. Seriously, share the love.


5. Lush Godiva shampoo bar
What's not to love about this little beauty? You use it like soap and lather into your hair, rinse- and that's it! Quick, easy, jasmine-scented glossy locks in no time at all. And the gorgeous fragrance lasts all day. My favourite Lush product.

There you go; that's my list. Now it's your turn!
What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you get to join in! What did you think of today's post? Leave me a message and let me know what you think. I love reading your comments!